The objective of the Réseau de résistance anti-G7 (RRAG7) is to denounce the imperalist, colonialist and anti-envrionmentalist nature of the G7 summit which will take place on June 8-9th 2018 at La Malbaie. The objective of this summit is not to resolve the coming climatic catastrophe, but to maintain the hegemony of the G7 countries over our crumbling planet. The agenda might sound progressive, but experience shows that these beautiful speeches will lead to nothing beneficial.
After all, the French government will not defend workers; Macron, the French president, has already made a name for himself by pushing forward drastic measures which weakens the already difficult situation of French youth. The German government will not defend the social net. Merkel, the German chancellor, repeated many times that Europe was already spending too much money to help the most vulnerable, in order to justify the harsh measures taken against Greece and Spain. And it is certainly not the Trump administration who will defend women, the environment and immigrants. The reputation of the American orange monster is well established.
It is then up to us to remind their duty toward all the peoples of the world, toward all of us. And to remind them that each ounce of their power is given to them simply because we let them. And to remind them that we can remove our support at any time.
That is why the general assembly of the RRAG7 calls for an anticapitalist gathering against the G7. Since most of the real negotiations will take place in the city of Quebec and that the city of La Malbaie will be hardly accessible, the general assembly of the RRAG7 calls for a convergence toward the city of Quebec between Thursaday night (June 7th) and Saturday night (June 9th).
A common and festive protest against the G7, anti-imperialist, anti-patriarchy, anti-colonialist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist, against extraction and against frontiers is called for Thursday night, June 7th in Quebec city. The objective of the general assembly of the RRAG7 is to make this protest accessible and open to all, ideally with the cooperation of other collectives.
The general assembly calls for a day of perturbation of the activities of the G7 for the day of Friday, June 8th. In order to launch this day, the RRAG7 will organize a perturbation activity in the region of Quebec on the morning of Friday, June 8th.
The next general assembly of the RRAG7 will take place on Saturday, March 3rd at 1PM at the Centre social Centre-Sud (CSCS), 1710 Beaudry (near the Beaudry metro station). This assembly will be an opportunity to see the work done so far and to get involved in the committees of the RRAG7, which are:
- the Financial and Logistics Committee whose mandate is to raise funds and to prepare the logistics (buses, housing, food),
- the Information and Popular Education Committee whose mandate is to produce information material (newspaper, brochures, texts, drawings, etc.), to produce tracts, posters and t-shirts, and present workshops and organize information meetings.
- the Legal ("Prison Escape") Committee whose mandate is to find lawyers, write texts on legal issues (rights, security, visas) and to obtain funds for the legal defense,
- the Mobilization and Networking Committee whose mandate is to invite individuals, groups and organisms from everywhere to join our struggle,
- the Coordination Committee, whose mandate is to exchange information between the committees and to organize the general assemblies.
A work session is planned in committees during the March 3rd assembly, if you want to know more about the work done by the committees before getting involved.
We can let the leaders of the G7 crush our lives and those of all the peoples of the world in their pointless battles for power. Or we can take back what is rightfully ours: the choice to decide how to live our own lives. This choice depends on us all!
info @ antig7.org